Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm a slacker...



Hello everyone! I am sorry I am such a slacker and haven't updated this in a while. Things have been busy so any time I have a spare moment I like to sit on the couch and do nothing. Just ask Joe, he will tell you!!!!
Well, things have been going pretty well lately. We haven't done too much else since we painted and put the furniture together. For those of you who don't know, we have picked a name. It is going to be Kaelyn Marie Reinwand. We just finished our child birth classes which we took for two Saturday mornings. We watched a lot of videos, which Joe turned his head away from most of the time, and learned about the different stages of labor, breathing techniques, and pain options. I actually really enjoyed the breathing part! I have been using it a lot at work when I get stressed out and it helps to make my heart burn go away too!!!! I have been feeling pretty well. The only main thing is I've been getting heart burn more frequently and I have been eating a lot of Tums!!!! I am starting to get more uncomfortable sitting and laying down and can't breathe as well some days. I saw a diagram of how your stomach, intestines, and bladder get squished out of the way of your uterus. It is amazing how the human body works!!!! I have to say that women are amazing for doing this more than once!!!!!! I am starting to get nervous and thinking about all of the "what ifs". And realizing that I am actually going to have to deliver this baby. Crazy!!!!
I had another Dr appt yesterday and everything looks good. I asked about when the soonest they would induce me will be and she said 41 1/2 weeks. I am due April 17th, and my brother is getting married 5 weeks and 2 days after that in Texas. So I am hoping that I will go on time or early so I won't have a 3 week old at the wedding. So everyone cross your fingers and anything else you can so I can make it to the wedding!!!!!! I know that everything will work out how it is supposed to, but I am still a little anxious about it. I just want her to be healthy!!!!!
One fun thing that happened last week was that Kaelyn got the hiccups for the first time!! It was so weird!!!!!! And she has gotten them almost everyday since then. I feel so bad for her, cause I hate the hiccups!!! But it is amazing to feel!!!!
Other than that I have some baby showers coming up, so we are hoping to get the things we need. I can't believe that we only have 7 weeks left!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are soooo pregnant. I can't believe it. I am so sad that I'm not there to see you and be near you. You are so close, how super exciting. I'm so happy for you both. And just remember, don't let yourself play the what if game. Just don't do it.
Love you
Desiree

Gina said...

I didn't know Nate was getting married!!! Congratulations Nate! (if he sees this...)
You look great Lindsay! Tums actually begin to taste like candy, don't they? Do you get the berry ones? I love the name - I can't wait to meet little Kaelyn! Wouldn't it be crazy if she was 6 days early and born on Tristen's birthday? Then they would have the name similarity and the birthday to match. Either way she's just a year younger. I don't know why I didn't realize that before, but not that we're approaching his first birthday, I'm going, Lindsay is gonna have her baby!!! Jarom says "hi" to you and Joe. We had Esten's mom in town and went down to Cedar City to visit all the Storlands and Jarom sends his love and congratulations. Melanie had her baby yesterday - a 6 lb 2 oz little girl they named Maliza May (Griffiths). Anyway, good to hear an update. I'm so happy I'll get to see little Kaelyn when she's still little!