Sunday, July 26, 2009

The end is in sight!

I had a Dr's appt last Friday and got some good news. We are going to move my c-section up to August 5th!!!!! Now I'm a little scared because that is in 10 days, but I am so glad that this pregnancy will be over! The week before my ultrasound showed that the baby was 8 pounds give or take a pound either way. Because of this as well as the medications I am taking the Dr thinks it will be better to deliver sooner rather than later. I will be 36 weeks and 1 day on the 5th. So that morning I will have to have an amniocentesis which is where they will take a needle and put it in my stomach to take out some amniotic fluid. (They use an ultrasound machine to guide the needle). The fluid will be tested to find out if the baby's lungs are fully developed. If they are then we can have the c-section that afternoon! So keep your fingers crossed!!! It is bitter sweet because I know the longer he is in there the better it is for him, but I am soooooooooo ready to be done! So keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

Thekla and Grayson said...

We will keep you in our prayers!

Elizabeth said...

I am happy to hear baby Austin will be here sooner and you'll be able to finally hold him. His birthday is five days before my brother's! These next 10 days will go by fast I'm sure. You all are in my prayers.


Oh and Kaelyn is just toooooo cute! She is growing into just an adorable little toddler!

I love you all!

Unknown said...

Hang in there, you're almost thru. It will be so exciting to meet him. I'm so happy for you. Love you.