Monday, January 14, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!!!

Okay, so we may have gone a little over board last week and the weekend before. We decided to go out and look at cribs and strollers etc. We went to Babies 'R Us, Target, Burlington Coat Factory and then back to Target, and back to Babies. And we spent a ton of money!!!! But we did order our crib and dresser for the nursery at Babies. Then we also bought our pack 'n play and travel set (which is the stroller and car seat) at Target. Target had the pattern that we liked the best, but the pack 'n play was on clearance which meant it was probably being discontinued. The stuff at Target was cheaper than we thought so we decided just to go ahead and get it!!!! It was a lot of fun, but I was so pooped by the end of the day.
The next day I talked to my friend Kim about registering. She was going to go with me because she works at Babies 'R Us and is also a mom. So we ended up going that night which was last Monday. The average registry is 10-12 pages and mine was 17!! Oooops! We might have gone a little over board but it was fun!!!! And Babies also gives you a 10% off coupon that you can use towards buying whatever is on your registry at the end. So I figured I would register for everything and get more off in the end!!!!
Then last Thursday night we decided to take a trip to Home Depot. Let me go back a little and tell you about the crib bedding.....so before I even got pregnant Kim called me up one night she was working at Babies and said there was this crib bedding set on sale that she thought I would like. It was originally $300 but it was being discontinued so it had gone down to $125. Well on top of that the store was having a 25% off sale, plus Kim gets 10% off for working there. So I looked at the set and really liked it and figured if we ended up not liking or having a boy we could save it for later or sell it. So I bought it for $70!!!!!!! That is one reason I really wanted to know what we were having so that I would know if we needed to register for different crib bedding. So anyways, we took one of the crib bumpers to Home Depot with us and found the perfect match!!! We are going to paint the walls lavender and yellow! So we bought the paint and now just have to figure out when we will have the time to paint the walls!!!!!
I also called and got registered for our childbirth class, which will be held two Saturdays in February from 8-12pm. We will be able to have a tour of the birthing center at Methodist which is where I will deliver. So everything seems to be coming together!!! We are very excited to say the least!!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

ok Linds, this is where you get creative...Post PIX!!! The bedding set, the PAINT or SWATCHEs, etc!!!

Gina said...

Looks like you've been having fun! Cute bedding!