Monday, November 26, 2007

It's a...............

Profile

All snuggled up!

Arm by face


Spine and bum



Face




Legs





Well, where do I begin. We had our ultrasound today and it didn't really go like I planned. First of all I went to Utah this weekend to see Thekla and be at her baby shower. It was so much fun to see her and be able to spend some time with her!! But I got in about 12am this morning and Joe and I didn't get home until almost 1am. So I got up about an hour before I was supposed to be at the ultrasound. I ate breakfast and started drinking my water (you are supposed to drink 16oz of water before you have it) and I finished it a little before we got there. By the time I checked in I already had to pee, but you are supposed to have a full bladder because it makes the baby be up higher and they can see it better. We didn't have to wait very long and then we got called to go back. The ultrasound tech had me lay down and then we started. Her first comment was about having a full bladder, which I was sure I did, but apparently it didn't have anything in it. So it started off on a bad note (she was kind of rude and I didn't like her at all). Then she looked at my uterus, then at the baby and all of the organs. She measured everything and said that she was measuring me at 18 weeks 4 days. According to the Dr I was 19 weeks and 4 days, so that puts me a whole week behind. Because of this she said that we probably wouldn't be able to tell the sex. They want you to be closer to 20 weeks if you want to know what it is. So we had our hearts set on that and it didn't really happen. The baby finally gave us a shot of that area, but the tech said that what we saw could either be the labia or undescended testicles. She said she was about 70% sure it's a girl. Needless to say, I was really disappointed and couldn't hold back the tears. So I spent the car ride home balling while Joe did his best to comfort me. After I had a little time to digest everything I realized that we actually got to see our baby today!!! And it did some really cute things. At one point it had a nice big stretch!!! And it looked like it was sucking its thumb! So we have some cute pictures and hopefully we will be able to find out in the next few weeks. My Dr had said that if we weren't able to tell when they did the ultrasound today that we could do it later at the Dr's office. So like I keep saying..........we will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello: I have heard that there are Reinwands from Eden Praire, Mn who are LDS. I have been looking at your blog and it sort of appears that you are part of that family. Also it looks like Desiree might be a Reinwand. Can't tell. I wish these blogs had a better way of allowing email or chat. My family are 6 and 7th generation LDS. I live in Provo. Let me know your church background. Also is Desiree LDS. We actually live in Provo and would love to meet you all.